- Earley parser, capable of parsing any context-free grammar
- Implements SPPF, for efficient parsing and storing of ambiguous grammars.
- LALR(1) parser, limited in power of expression, but very efficient in space and performance (O(n)).
- Implements a parse-aware lexer that provides a better power of expression than traditional LALR implementations (such as ply).
- EBNF-inspired grammar, with extra features (See: Grammar Reference)
- Builds a parse-tree (AST) automagically based on the grammar
- Stand-alone parser generator - create a small independent parser to embed in your project. (read more)
- Flexible error handling by using an interactive parser interface (LALR only)
- Automatic line & column tracking (for both tokens and matched rules)
- Automatic terminal collision resolution
- Grammar composition - Import terminals and rules from other grammars
- Standard library of terminals (strings, numbers, names, etc.)
- Unicode fully supported
- Extensive test suite
- Type annotations (MyPy support)
- Pure-Python implementation
Read more about the parsers